Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chocolate Tasting Tips

I'm sure many of you, like myself, have been to various brewpubs, wineries, and possibly the occasional scotch or cigar tasting. Over the years, I've learned many wine and beer tasting tips from vintners, distillers, brewers and sommeliers. I have not, however, had much prior experience with chocolate tastings. I recently found this article at guardian.co.uk and thought it was a good primer on chocolate tasting.

Even as a kid, I always noticed that chocolate tasted different whether you chewed it or let it melt in your mouth. I'll definitely start being a bit more deliberate in that regard with my tastings. Also, I found Paul Young's notes on color interesting. That's something I will be sure to pay closer attention to in the future well.

No comments:

Post a Comment