Thursday, March 8, 2012

Samuel Adams Perfect Pint Glass

Today we are branching out into glassware with a review of the Samuel Adams Perfect Pint glass. I put my recent acquisition to the test with a side-by-side comparison to my 22oz weizen glass that is my standard brew tasting vessel. The beer I used for testing was the Duvel Golden Ale that we recently reviewed. Right off the bat, I did notice a longer, stronger stream of fine bubbles rising from the etched nucleation site on the bottom of the glass. Compared to my weizen glass the Perfect Pint did a better job of retaining aroma over time. Head retention is very good with the Sam Adams glass as well.

One complaint I do have is that the 16 ounce glass seems a bit small to hold a full 12 ounce bottle of beer, especially if you give a firm pour to generate a nice foamy head. I would definitely recommend the 22 ounce version if you commonly drink pint or half-liter sized beers. All in all, I am very happy with the Sam Adams glass and I will be using it for the majority of my beer tastings in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment