Sunday, December 13, 2009

Welcome!

This blog has been a pet idea of mine that I've been kicking around for years. I've jotted down tasting notes on and off over the years for cigars, beer, whisky, wine and so on. My goal on this blog is to share these with you, and then provide you with the opportunity to share your own thoughts in the comments.

Let me share my tastes so you know what you can expect to see here. As far as beer goes, I'm a big fan of porters, barleywines and IPA's. For scotches, I like them peaty and smoky. I'd say about 2/3 of my single-malt collection is from Islay. For wines, I like Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling on the white side and Zinfandel on the red side. I've been known to dabble in the occasional port and eiswein as well. I don't smoke cigars as much as I used to, but I hope to get one in every now and then. Also, expect to see some dark chocolate, bourbon, and a few random surprises pop up here and there.

Even though I will be giving all my entries a score from 1 to 5, my goal here is not to be a "beer snob". Everything I post is purely subjective based on my personal tastes. If I give a low score for one of your favorites, then hop into the comments and tell us why you like it. My goal is to stir up conversation, not controversy.

Let the tastings begin...

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the sauvignon blanc and riesling reviews...my favs!

    ReplyDelete