Friday, April 2, 2010

Kilwin's Authentic Origin Collection 65% Ecuadorian Chocolate

Manufacturer: Kilwin's
Cocoa Content: 65%
Manufacturer Website
Rating: C+

Up next from Kilwin's Authentic Origin Collection is their 65% cocoa chocolate bar from Ecuador. This bar is dark brown in color with a hint of purple-red. On the palate the dominant flavor is sweet cocoa. There are notes of cherries, graham cracker, and hazelnuts. Chewing the chocolate brings forward stronger hazelnut flavors along with cherries and almonds. The mouthfeel is smooth, but rather thin and slightly waxy.

Unfortunately, this is strike two for Kilwin's in my book. While there is some flavor complexity present, I still find this chocolate to be thin, watered-down and just overall "blah" tasting much like the 70% Tanzanian bar from Kilwin's that I tasted recently. I was really tempted to buy one of each of their bars when I first saw them, and now I am rather happy that I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment