Monday, January 25, 2010

Scharffen Berger Week!

Welcome to the first Critical Tastings theme week. This week I've decided to feature chocolate from one of my all time favorite chocolate makers, Scharffen Berger. Unfortunately, my decision was based mainly because I haven't been able to find any Scharffen Berger chocolate at any local retailers and decided to stock up online. Hershey purchased Scharffen Berger in 2005 and Dagoba back in 2006, and they finally closed the door on the San Francisco Scharffen Berger plant in early 2009. Hershey is still producing both lines at their Illinois plant under their Artisan Confection brand, but I can't help but be concerned that I've had a hard time finding Scharffen Berger locally.

On tap this week we have three dark chocolates of varying percentages. I also have a few other surprises up my sleeves. So without further ado, let the chocolate begin...

Day 1: Scharffen Berger 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate Bar
Day 2: Scharffen Berger 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Bar
Day 3: Scharffen Berger 82% Cacao Extra Dark Chocolate Bar
Day 4: Scharffen Berger 68% Cacao Dark Milk Chocolate
Day 5: Scharffen Berger Sweetened Natural Cocoa Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment